Saturday, May 2, 2009

INFORMAL LETTER

QUESTION 1

You were on holiday on an island d resort last week. You had a wonderful time there. Write a letter to your friend telling him/her about your holiday there. You may make use of the following points and any other points of your own.

Where was the resort? – Name the place
How did you go there?
Where did you stay?
What did you see? – Describe the beautiful scenery
What did you do? – Describe the activities done
When writing out the letter:
· use all the notes given
· elaborate on the notes to make it more interesting
· make sure it is not less than 120 words.
(30 marks)

Model answer:
18S, Beta Condo,
Damansara Heights,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

3 May 2009

Dear Suzie,
How are you? I hope you are in the best of health.
Guess what? I have just had the most wonderful time in Pulau Langkawi. I went there last week with my aunt Martha. We took a taxi to Kuala Perlis. From there, we took a ferry, across to the island. On reaching the island, aunt Martha’s friend, Mrs Lee, came to pick us up. I was rather disappointed that I didn’t show my disappointment. I wouldn’t dare to offend my aunt or her friend.
We were guests at Mrs Lee’s small but comfortable terrace house which was just 3 km from Tanjung Rhu. Sunset at Tanjung Rhu was just breathtaking. The golden sun, partially hidden behind the distant hills, bathed the sky in bright orange hue. The clear bluish-green water beat across the soft sandy beach while trees swayed to the rhythm of the cool gentle breeze. There we had a picnic until the pale moon rose in the sky. I could say I was on paradise island when I went for a moonlight swim.
The three days simply sped by. Mrs. Lee, our gracious host, filled our days with shopping, sumptuous meals, boat rides to other neighbouring islands and jungle-trekking to a place called the Seven Wells. Well, a city slicker like me got my Fear Factor type of why they didn’t bother aunt Martha. Hmmm!
I’ii stop here for now. Just wait till you see those shots I took with my video camera. Till then, cheerio.
Yours sincerely
William

No comments:

Post a Comment